Make UK - Manufacturing our Recovery Through Inclusion
Make UK has released their latest policy report ‘Manufacturing our Recovery Through Inclusion, on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion’. Finding that industry steps up commitment to a more balanced and diverse workforce in order to make greater use of talent pool to improve performance. Within the report we have published a series of guiding principles that Make UK members should aspire to, as well as recommendations to Government to inspire greater progress.
• 67% of manufacturers already have an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) strategy or are planning one
• Almost half of companies review their EDI strategy every year
• Just 2% of manufacturers’ average workforce age is below 30
• BAME representation on Boards is just 5%
• Women make up 29% of manufacturing workforce, 18% of company boards
• BAME and women largely occupy administration and clerical roles