SEMI conductors Manufacture Scaleup £12m Competition
- December 5, 2023
Innovate UK’s Skills, Education, Manufacture Innovation for Semiconductors, (SEMIconductors) Programme will be launching a £12 million CR&D competition, which aims to support manufacturing scale-up across the UK semiconductor industry and supply chain.
About the event
UK registered organisations can apply for a share of up to £12 million to produce innovative solutions to improve and develop the manufacturing capabilities of the UK semiconductor industry. This call is funding projects, of up to a 12-month duration, that will have total project costs of up to £2.5 million (at the usual Innovate UK industrial research intervention rates depending on organisation type and size).
This CR&D call continues with the similar broad themes of the feasibility study earlier in 2023 but does not require previous participation in that study. The call is looking to:
- establish innovations and new manufacturing techniques across the semiconductor supply chain,
- encourage new collaborations across different areas of the industry, and
- develop closer ties with academia and industry.
The scope will cover a broad range of technology areas including:
- Manufacture, front & back-end processes, wafer and device fabrication, PDK development
- Silicon, compound, advanced materials, 2D, 3D
- Advanced packaging, hybrid, heterogeneous, SoC, SiP
- Assembly & test
- IP & design, DfM, DfA, Design for circularity and reuse
- Fabrication – operations & sustainability
- Supply chain